Melissa Kaylene: Talking About Type 2 Diabetes
Image Map

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Talking About Type 2 Diabetes

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of FreeStyle. The opinions and text are all mine.

Hey everyone! I hope you had a great week. Today I thought I would talk to you about something that I don't think I've ever really discussed on here before…Type 2 diabetes.



As a nurse, I know quite a bit about diabetes, and have cared for many people who are living their lives with type 2 diabetes. I've helped countless patients test their blood sugars over the years. So many that it's something I don't even really think much about – and I never ever really even thought about or imagined how much money the machines and test strips cost, until a couple of years ago. 

Wayne's brother has type 2 diabetes, and he had been over at our house eating dinner when the topic of diabetic supply costs came up, and I hadn't ever really thought about just how much a machine and supplies cost.



Here we are, a couple years later, and I recently found out about the Freestyle Precision Neo Blood Glucose Monitoring System. It's a brand name, affordable diabetes care solution – and is available over the counter without a prescription, and at a very affordable price!

Even though I myself do not have diabetes, as a caregiver, I think it would be wonderful to have the Freestyle Precision Neo System at my house – so that I can always be prepared when I have dinners where we have guests or family members over who have diabetes. When you have the tools on hand it's always easier to help when a potential blood sugar issue arises. 

Does someone in your family have diabetes? How about your friends? Do you know what to do if they are experiencing an abnormal blood sugar?

Right now you can download a coupon for $2.00 off of the Freestyle Precision Neo System, which requires no test strip coding and only needs a small sample size. Check out their website for more information!


~Melissa 
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Freestyle. The opinions and text are all mine.