Melissa Kaylene: An Afternoon Well Spent
Image Map

Monday, October 27, 2014

An Afternoon Well Spent


Hey everyone! I can't believe it's been so long since I stopped by my little online world and said hello. We had a very full week - Thursday we had two field trips to the pumpkin patch, and then I volunteered a bunch at both of the girl's schools on Friday - Emma's had their annual Read-a-thon and I helped out counting minutes and money, then Anika had her very first middle school dance and I helped man the concession stand, and those kids kept us hopping! We ended up staying home on Saturday because our last soccer games were cancelled due to the heavy amounts of rain that we've had this week. Yesterday we finished up our weekend with a trip to the Oregon Zoo and a Disney on Ice show up in Portland (I'm working on editing those pictures to share with you soon!)


Before all of that happened though, Noah and I spent an afternoon together at a little blogger event held at our local Orchard Supply Hardware store. There were pots painted with chalkboard chalk and he got to decorate it with chalk paint, and then he planted some flowers.


There was some appetizers to taste and we walked around visiting all of their Halloween DIY projects  that were on display. 


Noah doesn't do 'boy' stuff as often as I think he should, since he spends the majority of his time with me and the girls, so it was fun for him to have the opportunity to go hang out at the supply store and look at all of the cool "project" stuff. Having a boy is so much fun - I love my little man.

~Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment