Melissa Kaylene: Willamette Valley Pie Company Harvest Festival
Image Map

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Willamette Valley Pie Company Harvest Festival

 






  Fall is coming, and with fall means one of my favorite family activities : Harvest Festivals, or as my children call them 'Pumpkin Patches'. Every year we have our annual places we visit. There's one the kids all go to for school field trips, then another small one right by our house. Sometimes we branch out and visit three!

 This year we've decided to pay the Willamette Valley Pie Company's Harvest Festival a visit! The Salem Festival is running October 3-31st and there is a long list of activities for the family, including the good ol' corn maze and hay rides along with a zip line, pumpkin tether ball, barrel train, and a corn cannon and paintball shoots on the weekends.

 Also on the weekends there's a variety of musical entertainment, helicopter rides, and even a dog day so you can bring the entire family.

  Something unique about Willamette Valley Pie Company's Harvest Festival is their theme this year,  "Make Life Better". They are also partnered with Salem's Isaac's Room, which is a local organization that engages local youth in many different ways. If you're from the Salem area you've probably heard of the family business behind Isaac's Room ... the IKE Box, which is a fabulous coffee shop. The Harvest Festival's 5 acre corn maze is an amazing tribute to their benefit partner.

  So, if you are looking for a new festival to try out, or are a returning visitor, I have a treat for you! A discount for $2 off one adult admission! My family and I will be visiting soon, and I can't wait to share our experience with you!
 

~Melissa
 
Full disclosure: I have been gifted a family pass in return for this promotional post, but all opinions expressed are my own.
 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing. Wish I lived close enough to take advantage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like so much fun!! :D I really love autumn! <3
    I found your blog on the blog hop and I am a new follower! :D
    www.artevolve.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete