Melissa Kaylene: The Day Has Come.
Image Map

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Day Has Come.


 

Six years ago I was thinking about Anika entering kindergarten in the fall, and wondering what I was going to do having those couple hours to myself everyday.

Then shortly after we were very surprised when we found out that we were expecting with Emma.

Well that changed the whole Kindergarten thing a bit.

Then we had Noah, and well, ten years later after my eldest was born, they are all now in some form of school. Anika is in 5th, Emma in Kindergarten, and Noah started Preschool this past Tuesday.

Its not exactly the break I thought it would be.

Anika leaves at 7:50 for band practice. Then I leave at 8:05 and walk Emma to class. Then Noah starts at 9:00. I then pick Emma up at 10:45, and Noah is done at 11:30. Anika finally heads home at 2:50.  I can't tell you how glad I am that we live just across a soccer field to the grade school.

Noah's is only three days a week though, so Mondays and Fridays its just the girls. I wished we offered full day Kindergarten here, because I think Emma is completely ready for it (what is up with a 2.5 hour class day anyways?) ...and next year it will be offered.

My luck.

So anyways, long story short, there is a period of time from 9:15-10:30 that I am kid free. Hardly enough time to accomplish things like shopping etc., but still, a little over an hour to myself. Its a little weird. I can't even imagine how different things will be in two years when they are all gone all day.

Life flies by.

I just had to share their first day of school pictures with you!

~Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! Even an hour to yourself can be rejuvenating. You might not get anything done, but you can always enjoy a moment of silence and a cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to visit your website more frequently, but these days it seems to be taking a really long time to load in my browser. I visit from work, which I know I shouldn’t do, but our internet hookup is really fast. Is the site having some maintenance done or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm I'm not sure. I haven't had any issues with it loading on my browsers, but I will definitely check on it and see if there is something going on, or if I can get things to speed up for you. Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete