Melissa Kaylene: Reflections.
Image Map

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Reflections.


Just some reflections from another busy week of transitions.
 
This photo was taken two days ago while I waited for Anika in an appointment. The beginning of September and yes, I was wearing a hat and coat with a high of 62 degrees. It poured that afternoon. But this upcoming week the forecast says it will be back up to the 80's, possibly 90's...what can I say? Gotta love Oregon.
 
The beginning of last week I slowly recovered from our summer BBQ that we held Labor Day weekend. You know how you get that adrenaline rush that keeps you going and then when its all over and all the company leaves that everything just hits you? That was me on Monday.
 
Anika started school this past Wednesday, and Emma started Thursday. I'm so pleased to see them both happy and excited to be back in school. I think that Anika has what could be the best teacher she has ever had (my fingers are crossed). You know, it goes a long way to have a teacher all ready to go the first day of class, calm, prepared, and introducing himself to students and parents and shaking hands, as opposed to running around in class like they don't know who they are or what is supposed to be happening.
 
First impressions mean oh-so-much.
 
He appears to have everything thought of and organized. His class is like a little town, and has its own currency, jobs (which you have to apply for and interview for) and you must pay rent on your seat and chair. He teaches the kids how to handle money, and they have to "clock in" every morning on some app that gets sent and logged into his Ipad. And all the 5th graders get in class Ipads as well.
 
And it gets more exciting.
 
Her teacher has a Blog.
 
She says, "Mom, he has a BLOG for our class. He updates it and we get to go online and check it...it's so cool."
 
I think we have another little blogger in the making :)
 
This year is going to be a fun-filled busy one. One daughter in her last year of Elementary school, the other in her first year; and my little Noah is now officially a preschooler. Anika is trying Band, and both the girls are starting soccer in a week.
 
I love fall.
 
~Melissa

5 comments:

  1. Amazing photo! I love that her teacher has 'jobs' and 'currency' in the classroom. What a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that the teacher has a blog. That is fun!

    My kids are back in school too, one 1st year of high school, the other Kindergarten, so we've got milestones all over the place. :)

    Good luck w/the school year, and thank you for linking to the Super Sunday Sync blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO right! First impressions definitely do mean a lot. His class sounds amazing! I wanna be a kid again so I can be in his class. It sounds like those students will have a lot of interactive learning ahead of them this year which, in my opinion, is the best kind. Great post with a great picture. Thanks so much for sharing and for linking up with us over at the MommyMonday Blog Hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great when your kids have creative and organized teachers like that! I love the way he runs his class. Great for teaching them more than just their math, science, etc.
    Great blog, and I am from Oregon, too. Thanks so much for sharing in the Mommy Monday Blog Hop. I just found that one, and through them I found you. I am now following you on Bloglovin, etc. and can't wait to see what else you share. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photo! I love it! Fall is full of so much potential and I think that is what I love about it. I adore creative teachers who are passionate about teaching! Sounds like your kiddo got lucky with an awesome one!

    Visiting from The Wiegands.
    Happy Weekend to you!
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete