Melissa Kaylene: Ramblings Over Coffee.
Image Map

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Ramblings Over Coffee.



I feel that life moves in too fast of motion sometimes and I want it to slow down.

Work, school, kids, extra curricular activities, and then volunteer work like me, who just had to say yes when I was asked to be president of our school P.T.S.O.

I love fall and long for it every year...hats, coats, boots, warm drinks, pumpkin patches, Halloween, warm days and cool evenings... but sometimes I do miss summer days when you could go two days in a row and not have anything planned. And somehow since its summer its okay. Because summer days are supposed to be lazy, right?

Fall days to me = fast. But I guess in some sort of way I love the hustle and bustle, since I long for this time of the year.

Every year I swear I'm going to get more organized. The house more clean. The kids in more routine (we actually do a really well job at this already)... the point is, every fall its like a mini New Year's eve... resolutions that probably stress me out more than not. After all, the house will be dirty 10 minutes after I pick up. The kids papers will still pile, and I know there will be ones I'm not sure what to do with. And routines are fabulous, but sometimes you gotta go with the flow.



Because what really counts is the memories we make.

The experiences we share.



After all, the kids won't remember that night when the dishes didn't get done. What they will remember was that one soccer game when Mom and Dad cheered as they made their first goal.

They won't recall the pile of laundry left on the couch. What they will recall is that time when we all rode on a hayride or found our way through a corn maze and picked out pumpkins to carve.

I have to tell myself these things everyday. In doing so I hope that I can take things one at a time and have things slow down a bit.

What do you have to remind yourself of everyday?

~Melissa



2 comments:

  1. Good things to learn. It's so right. Kids remember the moments, not the rest! Love this time of year. Crisp and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to remind myself of some of the same things. Fall is very similar for me...the time when all of the dance, band, scouting and outside activities start up again. Then combine them with homework and just trying to keep my house running. There are times I have to say ok..fast food one night is not gonna hurt them...You're right, memories are more important. They're what truly matters.

    ReplyDelete