Melissa Kaylene: How to Make a Strawberry Lemon Drop!
Image Map

Thursday, June 21, 2012

How to Make a Strawberry Lemon Drop!

    Well, Summer is officially in full swing around here. Yesterday we lucked out and had gorgeous weather for the first day of the season. I also had a busy day shuffling the kiddos around in "soccer mom" fashion. I dropped the girls off at Vacation Bible school, then  Noah and I went to run some errands and grocery shopping. Note to self: after working night shift, make sure to take your wallet out of your work bag, and place it back into your purse. Lets just say after everything was rang up at the store I remembered that. So we went to the store. Twice. Then I had to hurry back and get the girls, and then off to lunch at the high school. I think everyone in our small town had the same idea on such a pretty day, because I ran into half of the people I know! After lunch the kids went down to the community center for the reading program. Wednesdays they have performers and crafts. After that we had an impromptu invite to a classmates house for some good ol' pool time fun. 5 o'clock rolled by as I was finally pulling back into our driveway, and all I could think was thank God I have pre-planned dinner for the evening!

Today is a clean up day for me, and catch up on my studying. I've been slacking the past couple months, and I really need to get back into it, so I can finish. For those of you that don't know I've been working on my associates degree in Nursing. Slow but steady. :)

With all of the summer activities that we do for our family I think we all need to take a 30 minute break for ourselves. Yes. Be selfish. I know its hard sometimes, but YOU NEED TO! For your sanity! I have to remind myself that sometimes as well. I just happen to have a little concoction to help you relax and enjoy your 'me' time; here is how to make a strawbery lemon drop:

Strawberry Lemon Drop

strawberry drink recipes


1 1/2 oz Vodka
1/2 oz Triple Sec
1 tsp Sugar
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
1 tsp strawberry puree
Ice

Fill cocktail shaker about 1/2 way with Ice. Add Vodka, Triple Sec, Sugar and Lemon Juice. Shake well.
If you'd like you can dip your glass in water and then sugar to create a sugar rim. Pour into glass, then spoon strawberry puree in and mix. .

Enjoy!

strawberry drink recipes

strawberry drink recipes


strawberry drink recipes
Now that's how to make a lemon drop ;)

This is one of my favorite drinks and perfect for summertime. I warn you though- the glass empties very quickly!

Melissa



7 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I might have to try it sometime! Thanks for joining Creative Things Thursday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love new cocktail ideas featuring fresh fruits! Keep up the hard work with the nursing degree. It will all be worth it when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good coctail and this look delish! Would love for you to share at The Creative Corner Blog Hop. Your newest GFC follower.

    Holly
    Holly's Stamping Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Delicious!!! I would love to have you coem link up http://www.firsthomelovelife.com/2012/06/features-and-whats-cooking-wednesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We hope to see you again! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am pinning this to my "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere" board on Pinterest! I love this! I've just shared it on Google+ too!

    Thanks so much for sharing this post at my Say G'day linky party! This week's linky is now live and I am very excited to invite you to a Social media linky party that I will be hosting on July 14. The details are all at the blog if you would like to join in.

    Best wishes for a wonderful weekend,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been featured! Come on over and grab an 'I'm Loved' Button on the sidebar! I hope to see you again and again at my party every Wednesday! http://www.firsthomelovelife.com/2012/07/features-and-whats-cooking-wednesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete